What is Lit Protocol
Lit Protocol is distributed cryptography for encryption, compute, and programmable signing. As a generalizable key management layer, Lit provides developers with a comprehensive toolkit for managing sovereign identities on the open web.
Lit Protocol provides developers with two core services:
Encryption and Access Control : Lit enables the client-side encryption and decryption of data by utilizing on or off-chain conditions, without relying on a centralized key custodian. Get started with encryption and access control.
Lit Protocol can be utilized for various web3 applications, including:
- DeFi: Conditional transaction execution, recurring payments, liquid staking solutions, and more.
- Infrastructure: Cross-chain bridges, oracles for off-chain data, privacy-preserving transactions, and AA wallet signers.
- Sovereign Data: Verifiable credential issuance and selective disclosure for user data.
- Web3 Social: Private data in social apps, token-gated video streaming, decentralized chatbots, and on-chain reputation building.
- Gaming: Wallet abstraction, condition-based rewards, and private data in multiplayer games.
- Token Gating for Web2 Apps: Token-based access control for Shopify, Zoom, Google Drive, and WordPress.
Get started on your developer journey by diving right into the code:
- Lit SDK: The Lit JS SDK provides developers with a modular framework for implementing Lit functionality into their own applications.
- Encryption Quick Start: Learn how to encrypt and decrypt content using the SDK.
- Lit CLI: A command line tool that makes developing Lit Actions easy!
- API Reference: An overview of SDK functions and packages.
Join the Community
Join our developer community on Discord to stay up to date on the latest developments, troubleshoot errors, get technical support, and engage with fellow builders. Have an idea for a project or currently building? Take a look at our Ecosystem RFPs and Grant program.
Check out our blog to read about new product announcements, integrations, ecosystem updates, and additional insights into the world of cryptography and web3.
Subscribe to our community calendar to stay up to date on sponsored events, hackathons, office hours, and additional opportunities to meet the Lit team!
Follow us on Twitter.