What is Lit Protocol
Lit is a decentralized key management network and platform for building applications and experiences that leverage threshold cryptography. With Lit, you can create and control keys and run code for virtually any application that can be made private, immutable, and / or autonomous.
The system builds off of contemporary work in applied cryptography, secure enclaves, and distributed systems to provide the maximum amount of control and privacy to end users, without requiring an extensive technical understanding of key management or public key cryptography.
Get started with the Lit SDK.
Lit Protocol can be utilized for various web3 applications, including:
- DeFi: Conditional transaction execution, infrastructure for recurring payments, liquid staking solutions, and more.
- Infrastructure: Cross-chain bridges, oracles for off-chain data, privacy-preserving transactions, and signers for smart accounts.
- Sovereign Data: Programmable credential issuance and selective disclosure for user data.
- Web3 Social: Private data in social apps, token-gated video streaming, decentralized chatbots, and on-chain reputation building.
- Gaming: Seamless onboarding, condition-based rewards, and private data in multiplayer games.
- Token Gating for Web2 Apps: Token-based access control for Shopify, Zoom, Google Drive, and WordPress.
Get started on your developer journey by diving right into the code:
- Lit SDK: The Lit JS SDK provides developers with a modular framework for implementing Lit functionality into their own applications.
- Encryption Quick Start: Learn how to encrypt and decrypt content using the SDK.
- Lit CLI: A command line tool that makes developing Lit Actions easy!
- API Reference: An overview of SDK functions and packages.
Join the Community
Join our developer community on Discord and Telegram to stay up to date on the latest developments, troubleshoot errors, get technical support, and engage with fellow builders. Have an idea for a project or currently building? Take a look at our Ecosystem RFPs and Grant program.
Check out our blog to read about new product announcements, integrations, ecosystem updates, and additional insights into the world of cryptography and web3.
Subscribe to our community calendar to stay up to date on sponsored events, hackathons, office hours, and additional opportunities to meet the Lit team!
Follow us on Twitter.